Christmas Time – The Season Of Goodwill
Children can be very giving, especially when they understand that not everyone has as much as them and giving is also a good thing to learn. Giving can be a part of an Advent Calendar, so here are 12 acts of kindness for kids to do as part of their Christmas Advent Calendar. For some of these, you will need the ingredients ready ahead of time, unless you have the time to go out and source them before starting. For others, you will need to consider safety and caution and you will also have to consider those who may be shielding from coronavirus.
- Make Cookies For The Neighbors.
- Give Someone A Compliment.
- Visit someone who is housebound.
- Make and deliver a card for someone in your area who is lonely.
- Make an elf basket and leave it on someone’s doorstep with an anonymous poem. This is also known as “you’ve been elfed” and is a neighborhood game, as it is a type of “pay it forward” action.
- Older teens could volunteer at a homeless facility or collect for charity.
- leave a Christmas card on someone’s windscreen
- give a blanket or pair of socks or gloves to a homeless person
- leave a card or “beautiful” note in a friend or parent’s bag or pocket or somewhere for them to find
- take toys to a charity
- help out in a foodbank or donate food
- call a distant friend or relative you haven’t contacted for a while.
- leave a treat for the mailman / garbage collector
- pick up litter
- take supplies to an animal shelter or donate money to their vet or food supplier to help out with their finances
- Paint stones or small rocks and dot them round your neighborhood for people o find
- pay it forward in a food queue, pay for the coffee of the person behind you.
- drop some change in a charity box
- write a thank you note
- complete an entry in a gratitude journal
- do a job for someone that they were not expecting
- make a bird feeder
How Many Days Til Christmas?
Christmas Is Coming. It’s now nearly the end of September 2017 and only 93 sleeps to Christmas Day 2017. Check up on the top right of this post to see a Christmas Countdown Clock.
It’s HOW many days til Christmas? Yes, you read that right – only 93, and it will be fewer by the time you read this.
What are you doing to Prepare?
Do you know where you will be? Will you be having guests? How many? What about your budget? If you want a stress free Christmas, then start your Christmas planning early, ESPECIALLY budgeting. It saves that terrifying sinking feeling in January, when you look at your credit card bill.
Fun At Christmas
If you start planning early enough and your budget allows, you could get Christmas pajamas for all the family or Christmas sweaters. Some offices hold an “ugly Christmas sweater” competition each year. Start early for more fun and less stress.
You may also be able to plan a Secret Santa stash or discuss with your family that if budgets are tight all round, everyone gets a secret Santa gift, so you all can enjoy Christmas without worrying about purchasing expensive gifts you can’t afford. Some shops may have sales on now or shortly and you may be able to make some purchases early, to spread the cost.
Christmas Crafts can be very inexpensive, great fun and an easy way to keep children occupied for ages before Christmas. Many schools will help children from kindergarten on up to create decorations that they will want to display proudly at home. You can also make your own creations well ahead of time. The pine trees near me have been shedding cones all year round and I have a small box of them sitting nearby in a small wooden box that I got for free from a local shop, long with a large glass jar that had held pickled eggs. The wooden box already has red and green paper on it and the glass jar has had the label soaked off. One will make a good display and the other can hold pine cones soaked in a Christmas pot pourri fragrance, to make the whole house smell like Christmas for a very low cost.
What Sort Of Christmas Do You Want?
Whether you want a Bah Humbug! type Christmas, or a vacation away from it all or will have the whole family descending on you from far afield, start planning now and whatever your Christmas preferences, you will be able to enjoy them stress free!
There are so many items available to buy as Christmas presents that it can sometimes be difficult to choose from so much abundance, with individual hand-crafted items and unique pieces of art all available for instance. Traditional gifts can be a great fall-back if you just cannot decide what to give someone, with such items as books, a scarf, flowers, chocolates, a bottle of wine or spirits giving you the comfort of providing something and not appearing miserly. Most children, other than babies, like coloring books and crayons or something “to do”, especially if they can get an adult to take part with them too. Books are another great gift for children, provided they are age appropriate and some kind of reference book (with lots of pictures) can provide a treasure house that will be dipped into long after Christmas is over.
Listed Price: $6.99
Sale Price: $3.75
A tale of love, romance, confusion, and Christmas perfectly timed for the holiday season.Noelle, a hopeless romantic, just knows that her gifts have to be from her senior crush! And geeky Froggy thin… Read more…